Scale Inhibitor and Dispersant for Water Treatment
Acumer 4161 is a phosphinopolycarboxylic acid that has a unique balance of threshold inhibition and dispersancy. It is compatible with most microbiological control agents and is resistant to chlorine.
Advantages of Acumer 4161
- Eliminates the need for phosphonates and acrylates in many formulations
- Effective in both acid and alkaline papermaking systems
- Compatible with commonly used boiler additives
- Effectively disperses boiler sludge components
- Excellent hydrothermal stability
- Good scale control agent for calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate
- Effectively disperses particulate matter such as silt and clay
Used In Water Treatment
- Cooling Water
- Boiling Water
- Pulp and paper
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Appearance||Clear solution to slightly hazy|
|Total Solids (%)||50-52|
|Active Solids (%)||46-48|
|Molecular Weight 1||3300-3900|
|Specific Gravity 1||1.20-1.25|
|Density, lb/gal @ 25°C||10.0-10.4|
|Viscosity Brookfield (mPa.s/cps at 25°C)||500-2000|
1 Measured by aqueous GPC and reported as acid form.